Day Trip to Chefchaouen from Fes or Tangier
Deep in the Rif Mountains of Morocco is a little blue slice of heaven which you will discover on your day trip to Chefchaouen. Nestled in the mountain side, the enticing Blue City of Chefchaouen awaits your arrival. On your day trip to Chefchaouen you will be lost in time, this traditional city reflects a Morocco that hasn’t been touched by modernization.
Following an early morning pick up at your hotel you will enjoy a 2.5-3 hour drive into the stunning Rif Mountains. At 600m above sea level, Chefchaouen was originally built as a hidden outpost to push back the increasing incursions of European powers into Morocco starting in the 15th and 16th centuries.
Its hard to get enough of the charm that Chefchaouen has to offer. Calm, cozy, traditional and welcoming, this picturesque sky blue walled city will have you falling in love in no time at all. With or without a city guide, you can wander the medina in peaceful leisure. Stop in and watch a weaver at work or an artist creating something new in a cafe. Take a short hike up to the mountain view point for breathtaking reflection on the valley below. Enjoy lunch in any one of the wonderful cafes or restaurants on offer.
Among the major sights in Chefchaouen are the walled Kasbah (fortress), the Ras El Maa river valley, and the hillside Spanish Mosque. Watch the ladies clean their carpets in the river wash station for a glimpse into the traditions that the local people keep alive today.
After you have enjoyed this live Pearl of Morocco, we will return you to your accommodation in Fes or Tangier.
Day Trips Notes:
- Fill in the form below to request a quote for a day trip. The number of people in your group is important to provide accurate pricing.
- All day trips include : private, air conditioned transportation, an English speaking driver or guide, entry fees to listed attractions, any food that is explicitly mentioned as included.
- All day trips DO NOT include : lunch, beverages, gratuities.
- Sending this form is NOT a confirmation. This is intended to be an inquiry for availability and price. We will attempt to respond within 24 hours.
- Same day bookings are not accepted.
- Payment is required in full prior to the start of the tour. We accept PayPal and cash.