Day Trip to Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou from Marrakech
An exciting day trip to Ouarzazate in the south of Morocco begins with a drive over the Atlas Mountains. Cross Tizi n’ Tichka Pass – the highest in Morocco. Up, up, up and down again you will go as you marvel at these spectacular vistas, passing Berber settlements and donkey carts as you travel to Ouarzazate, widely known as the Hollywood of Morocco. Your first stop of the day will be at the Taourirt Kasbah. This is an important piece of Moroccan history and the last stronghold of the Glaoui family until the early 19th century, just before the French Occupation. Enjoy a lunch break and then head to the Atlas Film Studios and explore locations for movies such as Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, The Mummy franchise and so many more.
After your time in Ouarzazate you will make your way to Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah. This is the best example of kasbah architecture that exists today and in fact is still the home to a few Berber families. Wander the maze of streets up to the panoramic view point and look back across the landscape. Visit the worlds’ first bank while you are there.
We will pick you up and drop you off at your accommodations in Marrakech. Please wear good walking shoes and bring your camera!
PRICES: (including private transportation and fuel, English speaking driver and entry fee to Ait Ben Haddou)
(Price does not include meals, drinks, and tips)
solo traveler 150€
2 people – 85 € per person
3 people – 70€ per person
4 people – 60€ per person
groups of 5 or more – 50€ per person
DELUXE Day Trip
Our deluxe package includes a guided tour of Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, and lunch in a lovely local restaurant
solo traveler 260€
2 people – 110 € per person
3 people – 100€ per person
4 people – 90€ per person
groups of 5 or more – 80€ per person
Day Trips Notes:
- Fill in the form below to request a quote for a day trip. The number of people in your group is important to provide accurate pricing.
- All day trips include : private, air conditioned transportation, an English speaking driver or guide, entry fees to listed attractions, any food that is explicitly mentioned as included.
- All day trips DO NOT include : lunch, beverages, gratuities.
- Sending this form is NOT a confirmation. This is intended to be an inquiry for availability and price. We will attempt to respond within 24 hours.
- Same day bookings are not accepted.
- Payment is required in full prior to the start of the tour. We accept PayPal and cash.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.