Let’s face it, when it comes to planning a private Morocco tour, you are going to be getting a lot of offers from various companies for a Morocco tour package, and the information can often leave you confused.
There are many tour companies in Morocco. As with any industry, there are big players and little players and honest companies and not so honest companies. When it comes to making your decision, for your holiday in Morocco, it is extremely important for your enjoyment and value for money, that you choose the right Morocco tour package for you.
Let us offer some guidance in how to make that choice.
- Choose a company that offers a comprehensive website that is well written in English.
- This shows that company understands western and European customers.
- Choose a company that is well reviewed on TripAdvisor.
- Are the reviews written recently?
- Are the reviews from various customers in a variety of countries?
- Do the reviews offer detail that is appealing to you about their experience?
- When you are looking at TripAdvisor, be sure to understand what the reviewers are really saying. For example, if you read a “bad” review and the person comments that the trip was great and the experience was good but they rated the company less than perfect because it rained that day, then maybe you can still choose to work with them in the end.
- Consider the level of service you will get for the price.
- Often times people shop for the lowest price. In Morocco this is not actually the safest bet.
- Maybe they are offering a low price but you will get a vehicle that is old and not well cared for.
- Or you will be traveling with other passengers who speak a different language or who have different objectives (Tick the box style travel who just want to snap a photo and move on to the next monument while you would like to explore and experience.)
- Maybe you will have a driver that does not speak English very well and you won’t have the chance to learn much about the country.
- If a company that charges a bit more for your tour package, be sure they are offering nice quality hotels that are well reviewed on TripAdvisor and are thoughtfully chosen for your specific trip.
- You can rest assured you will have a nice clean car to yourselves if it is a private tour of Morocco, so you can enjoy that pace of travel you choose for yourselves.
- The driver and guide will be invested in your happiness and will work hard to be sure you have a good experience and see many things that other tours don’t care to show you.
Remember the age old saying “You get what you pay for.” When you pay just a little more for your trip in Morocco you will often find that the benefit you receive is enormous.
PRO TIP – did you know you can ask reviewers questions on TripAdvisor? Check in with some of them and ask them more specific questions about their experience if you like.